Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hello There

My name is Tom Sroka. I am a junior physical education major at Aurora University and this year I will be going on the May term trip to Colorado. i wanted to go on this trip last year but things didn't work out and when I talked to a couple of my friends that did go I was determined to make sure that I went this year. On top of the PE major I have a double minor in Health Education and Fitness and Health Promotion. The reason I wanted to go on this trip is because I want to expand my knowledge on the human body, how it works, and fitness in general. I love to workout and compete in shot put and hammer on the school's track team and I am always looking for more information. I eventually will be teaching and want to coach and I feel that the more I know the better.

On this trip we will visit the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs (which I am the most pumped about), Carmichael Training Center (where Lance Armstrong trains), the National Strength and Conditioning Association headquarters, various hiking and related activities, and we're also catching a Rockies game. We will be in the classroom for three weeks and then we are in Colorado the last week in May. Our class meets five days a week from 9am until 12pm. I look forward to the trip and to further contributing on this blog. For those who are reading I hope you enjoy. I have to go study for finals so I will catch you later.
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment